Monday 28 September 2015

AS Favourite film induction task


Favourite film 2015

My favourite films would have to be the Harry Potter series, but if I had to pick just one it would have to be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part two. The Harry Potter’s are fantasy films that follow the life of young wizard through his time at the wizarding school Hogwarts and through all the battles and problems that occur. The Harry Potter film series are based on the books written by J.K Rowling. The main character Harry Potter is played by Daniel Radcliffe and his two best friends are played by Emma Watson and Rupert Grint. I love the Harry Potter films because I have watched them ever since I was little so I felt like I grew up with the characters and I love the idea of the wizarding world. However, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part two is my favourite as it is like the finale to the film series and it involves a huge amount of action. Furthermore no matter how many times I watch it, it still manages to make me laugh and cry. Harry Potter has one big plot which follows through out all the films and in the final one everything becomes clear and important characters die so it is a very emotional film. Harry Potter is set in a big castle called Hogwarts which is surrounded by mythical trees and magical woods. Harry Potter is fantasy as it is wizards but also involves other fantasy characters such as ghosts and talking paintings. In Deathly Hallows part two, Harry defeats his lifelong enemy Voldemort which the audience had been taught to hate. The film series uses a lot of special effects, like when the wizards walk through walls and also when they have battles. Harry Potter is a thrilling film that can have you laughing, crying or on the edge of your seat. It represents family and strong friendships. It a significant theme tune which the majority of people would be able to recognise as it is a mainstream film. It uses both low key and high key lighting, it usually uses low key lighting when there is something tense happening or a battle is going to commence. The film involves made up language such as spells like “expelliamus” which are also key as this is another way the film is recognised. The demographic for Harry potter would be males and females aged 10 up to any age as it is classed as a family film. It is aimed at any social class as anyone can enjoy it. Overall Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part two is my favourite film because it makes me feel like I’ve completed the journey with them as I feel as if I am actually part of the story.
A girl and two boys, standing outside of a building with high turrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment